The Compassion Home is a home and we become an extension of your family as we collaboratively work with your hospice provider.
Around-the-Clock at the Compassion Home
We provide total care with Care Coordinators and volunteers around the clock. Trained volunteers assist with care giving and household tasks, as well as emotional, spiritual and social support. Families are welcome to stay with loved ones, with a bed and amenities provided for comfort. We work closely and align ourselves with local hospices and hospitals in the referral and admission process, and coordinate ongoing care with your hospice provider. Once a guest is admitted we only follow the hospice care plan provided. We also work as advocates for our guests at the Compassion Home as hospice still comes into the Compassion Home as if they were coming in to your own home weekly. This includes nurses, social workers, bath aides, chaplains and others associated with your chosen hospice provider.
Care Services We Provide:
- Personal care such as bathing, dressing, toileting, assistance with transfers and re-positioning, assistance with eating and assistance with medications
- Meal preparation, laundry and housekeeping
- Comfort care and symptom management
- Teach about the dying process
- Collaboration with your medical hospice provider
Our focus is helping you live fully throughout the dying process, according to your personal goals and values.
We are unable to provide skilled nursing care or treatments such as:
- Tube Feedings
- Acute or in-patient level of care
- Blood Sugar Management
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy